So this class I covered the following topics:
- Visual Studio Online
- ASP.NET MVC 5
- Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service
- BizSpark: The biggest offering Microsoft makes for startups is BizSpark. BizSpark is a program where you can sign up and for 3 years you get almost everything that microsoft has to offer for free. That includes ultimate versions of everything. This is a fantastic offering. And definitely one I advise people to take advantage of, but if that wasn't enough, you get 3 years of $300 / month Azure credits, for free. Talk about a huge offering. Can be found here.
- Visual Studio Community Edition: A new offering from Microsoft, is a more beefed up version of VS for free. So even after your BizSpark runs out, there are other options available. Can be found here.
- Azure: As I've said before Azure makes it possible to get your major idea out there quickly and with stability. Can be found here.
- Visual Studio Online: Arguably the most important thing in a Software Companies arsenal is Source control, its the backup of work, the tracking of items, the sharing of work around teams. Well Microsoft now made this officially free. You can now utilize TFS, with the ALM tools and source control for free.